Re: VELVET WEEK RIDES

Kris

Mike - can you send out the link to the Ride w/ GPS routes for Velvet?

Kris Chick

On Sun, Jul 11, 2021 at 8:07 PM teamCOPC <teamCOPC@...> wrote:
VELVET WEEK RIDES

Important
·        Please read and sign the online waiver here: https://forms.gle/gUmkFr87r785WSSu9
·        All riders should please review the teamCOPC Rider expectations and COVID guidelines at https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/weekly-rides.

Click here for a note regarding COVID-19 and our requests of those joining our rides.
https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/covid-19

Weather-related ride updates (if there are any) will appear on this group 1 hour before the scheduled rides.

VELVET ICE CREAM RIDE AND PICNIC
The Velvet Ice Cream Ride is the best and biggest Pelotonia training ride around (non-Pelotonians also welcome). Routes of 25, 50, 75 and 100 miles offer a solid challenge to riders and serve as a final prep and confidence builder three weeks before Pelotonia Ride Weekend. This is a fully supported ride, with marked roads, rest stops and SAG vehicles. Registration closes Thursday night at midnight so we can prepare to properly support the registered riders. There are also some remaining volunteer opportunities available. Register to ride or volunteer at https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/velvet .

Tuesday Food Truck Ride
There is no New Albany area Food Truck this week.

Wednesday Learners and Leaders Group Ride

We'll split into two groups - York and Watkins
Again this week, we venture out to some more challenging climbs. Seasoned cyclists are also welcome, with the mindset that we will not “push the pace” on Wednesdays. We start with a talk about road cycling safety, group riding protocols, communication and other important cycling topics. Then, we’ll take to the road. Riders should be able to maintain an average ride pace of at least 13 mph.
START LOCATION: Beech Road Park and Ride (map)
Ready to roll at 6:00 pm
Beech Road Park and Ride - https://goo.gl/maps/yJbFUKcTegSQy22C7
Pace (average): 13-14 mph together, higher if ALL riders are comfortable
Routes: https://ridewithgps.com/events/53388-group-0-y

Thursday Night Hills
NOT an official teamCOPC Ride - There may be no ride leader
While there may be a group, it's best to bring a friend to ride with.
This ride starts at 6 pm from Jersey Baptist Church in the north parking lot, and covers some fun but challenging terrain.
These are the usual routes, and the group chooses at the start time.
https://ridewithgps.com/events/3253-thursday-night-hills#routes/2479962

Sunday Multi-Group Ride
There is no scheduled Sunday Group Ride this week, so everyone can ride or volunteer for Velvet.

teamCOPC welcomes all Pelotonia participants
As always, teamCOPC welcomes all who want to participate in Pelotonia to be a part of our team. If you would like to join us as a Rider, Challenger or Volunteer, just email teamCOPC@... and we’ll get you on the team.

Upcoming Events
While observing community health restrictions, we hope to host or facilitate (and need volunteers for):
Pelotonia Weekend August 7-8 https://pelotonia.org/
Ride of the original (more or less) Pelotonia Route to Athens – Date TBA
Ride Around Columbus Date TBA
Gambier/Boondocks Ride Date TBA

Join Rides@teamCOPC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.