CANCELLED: Beginner Wednesday

Michael A. Perry, M.D.

It’s not looking like very good weather for a beginner night. We won’t ride officially tonight. If you wish to ride, be wise and safe.
Mike

Help us fight cancer!
https://www.Pelotonia.org/mikeperry

On Apr 25, 2021, at 1:23 PM, teamCOPC via groups.io <teamCOPC@...> wrote:

WARNING: This email has been received from outside of the COPC network from teamcopc+caf_=mperry=copcp.com@.... Please refrain from clicking any links or opening/saving any attachments if you doubt the validity of the email. For assistance, contact the IT helpdesk.

Rides this week - April 26 - May 2, 2021

But first, several important items:

·        Please read and sign the online waiver here: https://forms.gle/gUmkFr87r785WSSu9
·        If you haven’t registered for Pelotonia yet, PLEASE DO IT TODAY. We need two more riders to score a $1000 bonus donation from Safelite Auto. Register at www.Pelotonia.org/register
·        All riders should please review the teamCOPC Rider expectations and COVID guidelines at https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/weekly-rides.

Click here for a note regarding COVID-19 and our requests of those joining our rides.
https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/covid-19

Food Truck Tuesday
NOT an official teamCOPC Ride - There may be no ride leader
This week: Cupzilla Korean Barbecue
6100 Grand Strand, Westerville
6 pm rolling 16+ mph 20 miles
Route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35750617
Order ahead for your 7:15 finish. https://streetfoodfinder.com/order/83463

Wednesday Beginner Group Ride – We need leaders too!
They're not just for beginners, but anyone who wants a slow, casual ride. Seasoned cyclists are also welcome, with the mindset that we will not “push the pace” on Wednesdays. We start with a talk about road cycling safety, group riding protocols, communication and other important cycling topics. Then, we’ll take to the road. The rides are fairly short early in the season and get longer as the daylight extends. This group starts with easy and flat routes, and we’ll progress into some hill training by the end of June. Riders should be able to maintain an average ride pace of at least 12 mph.

This week:
Ready to roll at 6:00 pm
New Albany Heit Center - Rose Run Park Patio
Pace (average): 12-13 mph together, higher if ALL riders are comfortable
Distances: 10, 14 or 21 miles
Routes: https://ridewithgps.com/events/3216-group-0-e-beginners#routes/4708501/

Thursday Night Hills
NOT an official teamCOPC Ride - There may be no ride leader
While there may be a group this week, it's best to bring a friend to ride with.
This ride starts at 6 pm from Jersey Baptist Church in the north parking lot, and covers some fun but challenging terrain.
These are the usual routes, and the group chooses at the start time.
https://ridewithgps.com/events/3253-thursday-night-hills#routes/2479962

Sunday Multi-Group Ride
A few routes are offered with a common start. Groups separate based on planned pace and ride together on the route of the group’s choosing. Routes are posted weekly.

This week:
Rolling at 9:00 am (please be 15 minutes early)
New Albany Heit Center - Rose Run Park Patio
Pace Groups (average): 13-14 mph, 15-16 mph
Routes: 3 B 38 miles, 3 C 30 miles, 3 D 22 miles
https://ridewithgps.com/events/966-group-03-n-17-49-centerburg-sunbury-gale

teamCOPC welcomes all Pelotonia participants
As always, teamCOPC welcomes all who want to participate in Pelotonia to be a part of our team. If you would like to join us as a Rider, Challenger or Volunteer, just email teamCOPC@... and we’ll get you on the team.

Upcoming Events
While observing community health restrictions, we hope to host or facilitate (and need volunteers for):

Ride from Columbus to Cincinnati – Tentative Date June 12 - https://co-cin.webs.com/
Ride Around Columbus Date TBA
Velvet Ice Cream Ride July 18
Pelotonia Weekend August 7-8
Ride of the original (more or less) Pelotonia Route to Athens – Date TBA
Gambier Ride Date TBA

Mike

**** ELECTRONIC PRIVACY NOTICE ****
This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic Communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Join Rides@teamCOPC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.