Rides: July 6 - July 11, 2021

teamCOPC

Rides: July 6 - July 11, 2021

Important
·        Please read and sign the online waiver here: https://forms.gle/gUmkFr87r785WSSu9
·        All riders should please review the teamCOPC Rider expectations and COVID guidelines at https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/weekly-rides.

Click here for a note regarding COVID-19 and our requests of those joining our rides.
https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/covid-19

Weather-related ride updates (if there are any) will appear on this group 1 hour before the scheduled rides.

Tuesday -  Crossover Ride w the Girls with Gears Peloton
Girls with Gears, our long-time friends and riding buddies, have invited us to join them for a training ride, with refreshments to follow. Many of our teammates go way back with these ladies (and gents), and this should be a very fun ride.
Location: New Albany Heit Center Patio
Time: 6:30 pm ready to roll
Dress Code: Either a GWG or a teamCOPC kit is preferred if you have one, but whatever.
Routes: 25, 28 and 35 mile options
https://ridewithgps.com/events/95891-ride-21-w-copc

Wednesday Learners and Leaders Group Ride
We'll split into two groups - York and Watkins
Again this week, we venture out to some more challenging climbs. Seasoned cyclists are also welcome, with the mindset that we will not “push the pace” on Wednesdays. We start with a talk about road cycling safety, group riding protocols, communication and other important cycling topics. Then, we’ll take to the road. Riders should be able to maintain an average ride pace of at least 13 mph.
START LOCATION: Beech Road Park and Ride (map)
Ready to roll at 6:00 pm
Beech Road Park and Ride - https://goo.gl/maps/yJbFUKcTegSQy22C7
Pace (average): 13-14 mph together, higher if ALL riders are comfortable
Routes: https://ridewithgps.com/events/53388-group-0-y

Thursday Night Hills
NOT an official teamCOPC Ride - There may be no ride leader
While there may be a group, it's best to bring a friend to ride with.
This ride starts at 6 pm from Jersey Baptist Church in the north parking lot, and covers some fun but challenging terrain.
These are the usual routes, and the group chooses at the start time.
https://ridewithgps.com/events/3253-thursday-night-hills#routes/2479962

Sunday Multi-Group Ride
A few routes are offered with a common start. Groups separate based on planned pace and ride together on the route of the group’s choosing. Routes are posted weekly.
This week: NEW START TIME FOR JULY
Rolling at 7:30 am (please be 15 minutes early)
New Albany Heit Center - Rose Run Park Patio
Pace Groups (average): 15+ mph, 16+ mph, 17+ mph
Routes: Group 3 A, B and C
Mile Options: 30, 38, 49 miles
https://ridewithgps.com/events/966-group-03-n-17-49-centerburg-sunbury-gale

teamCOPC welcomes all Pelotonia participants
As always, teamCOPC welcomes all who want to participate in Pelotonia to be a part of our team. If you would like to join us as a Rider, Challenger or Volunteer, just email teamCOPC@... and we’ll get you on the team.

Upcoming Events
While observing community health restrictions, we hope to host or facilitate (and need volunteers for):
Velvet Pothole Patrol Ride - Saturday, July 10 (tentative)
Velvet Ice Cream Ride July 18 Register to volunteer or ride at https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/velvet
Pelotonia Weekend August 7-8 https://pelotonia.org/
Ride of the original (more or less) Pelotonia Route to Athens – Date TBA
Ride Around Columbus Date TBA
Gambier/Boondocks Ride Date TBA