Recovery Ride and Beyond

teamCOPC

Recovery Ride and Beyond

Important
·        Please read and sign the online waiver here: https://forms.gle/gUmkFr87r785WSSu9
·        All riders should please review the teamCOPC Rider expectations and COVID guidelines at https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/weekly-rides.

Click here for a note regarding COVID-19 and our requests of those joining our rides.
https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/covid-19
--------------
Weather-related ride updates (if there are any) will appear on this group 1 hour before the scheduled rides.
--------------
Pelotonia is over, but let's keep riding!

UPCOMING EVENT - Boondocks/Gambier Ride
September 4 - SAVE THE DATE
Details to come.

TUESDAY Recovery Ride with Girls with Gears
Let's join our friends with GWG, have a short ride, then gather to share food, drink and stories.
START LOCATION: New Albany Heit Center Building Patio
Ready to roll at 6:30 pm
Pace - Comfortable
Routes 18 and 20 miles - FLAT
https://ridewithgps.com/events/157688-girls-with-gears-teamcopc-cool-down-ride

Wednesday Night Group Ride
We'll ride this route each week until darkness is an obstacle. All are welcome - Please bring a friend to ride with, as there may not be a ride leader every week.
Riders should be able to maintain an average ride pace of at least 14 mph. We may split into groups by predicted speed.
START LOCATION: New Albany Heit Center - Rose Run Park Patio
Ready to roll at 6:00 pm
Pace (average): 14-15 mph, 16-17 mph, 18+ mph, each group should stay together
Routes: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/34138240

Thursday Night Hills
NOT an official teamCOPC Ride - There may be no ride leader
While there may be a group, it's best to bring a friend to ride with.
This ride starts at 6 pm from Jersey Baptist Church in the north parking lot, and covers some fun but challenging terrain.
These are the usual routes, and the group chooses at the start time.
https://ridewithgps.com/events/3253-thursday-night-hills#routes/2479962

Sunday Group Ride
Not training, just riding.
Please bring a friend, as there may be no rider leader.
Rolling at 7:30 am (please be 15 minutes early)
New Albany Heit Center - Rose Run Park Patio
Pace Groups (average): 15+ mph, 16+ mph, 17+ mph
Upcoming Events
While observing community health restrictions, we hope to host or facilitate (and need volunteers for):

Ride of the original (more or less) Pelotonia Route to Athens – Date TBA
Ride Around Columbus Date TBA

Michael A. Perry, M.D.

There is much concern about the weather tonight. If you ride, please let safety and common sense dictate.

Mike

On Aug 9, 2021, at 6:56 AM, teamCOPC via groups.io <teamCOPC@...> wrote:

WARNING: This email has been received from outside of the COPC network from bounce+60149+106+2344491+8521730@groups.io. Please refrain from clicking any links or opening/saving any attachments if you doubt the validity of the email. For assistance, contact the IT helpdesk.

[...]

**** ELECTRONIC PRIVACY NOTICE ****
This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic Communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

teamCOPC

Here's the plan for this Sunday morning.