Rides: July 26 - August 1, 2021

teamCOPC

Rides: July 26 - August 1, 2021

Important
·        Please read and sign the online waiver here: https://forms.gle/gUmkFr87r785WSSu9
·        All riders should please review the teamCOPC Rider expectations and COVID guidelines at https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/weekly-rides.

Click here for a note regarding COVID-19 and our requests of those joining our rides.
https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/covid-19

Weather-related ride updates (if there are any) will appear on this group 1 hour before the scheduled rides.

Food Truck Tuesday - This week: none - Just the ride
NOT an official teamCOPC Ride - There may be no ride leader
6100 Grand Strand, Westerville
6 pm rolling 16+ mph 20 miles
Route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35750617

Wednesday Learners and Leaders Group Ride
Starting to tone it down this week, we'll ride flat and a little faster. Seasoned cyclists are also welcome, with the mindset that we will not “push the pace” on Wednesdays. We start with a talk about road cycling safety, group riding protocols, communication and other important cycling topics. Then, we’ll take to the road. Riders should be able to maintain an average ride pace of at least 14 mph. We may split into two groups, but the lead group still will not speed.
START LOCATION: New Albany Heit Center
Ready to roll at 6:00 pm
Pace (average): 14-15 mph together, higher only if ALL riders are comfortable
Routes: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/34138240

Thursday Night Hills
NOT an official teamCOPC Ride - There may be no ride leader
While there may be a group, it's best to bring a friend to ride with.
This ride starts at 6 pm from Jersey Baptist Church in the north parking lot, and covers some fun but challenging terrain.
These are the usual routes, and the group chooses at the start time.
https://ridewithgps.com/events/3253-thursday-night-hills#routes/2479962

Saturday - Pedal With Pete
Many of us will ride this charity ride for some final long miles.
Lots of mileage options
If you ride, feel free to join the group: COPC
https://www.ms-stride.org/pedalwithpetecolumbus

Sunday Multi-Group Ride
Breakfast Burrito Ride - One final group ride leading into Pelotonia. We'll ride to Granville, optionally grab breakfast at Day Y Noche, then ride home peacefully
This week: NEW START TIME FOR JULY
Rolling at 7:30 am (please be 15 minutes early)
New Albany Heit Center - Rose Run Park Patio
Pace Groups (average): 15+ mph, 16+ mph, 17+ mph
34 miles
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/28137348

teamCOPC welcomes all Pelotonia participants
As always, teamCOPC welcomes all who want to participate in Pelotonia to be a part of our team. If you would like to join us as a Rider, Challenger or Volunteer, just email teamCOPC@... and we’ll get you on the team.

Upcoming Events
While observing community health restrictions, we hope to host or facilitate (and need volunteers for):
Pelotonia Weekend August 7-8 https://pelotonia.org/
Ride of the original (more or less) Pelotonia Route to Athens – Date TBA
Ride Around Columbus Date TBA
Gambier/Boondocks Ride Date TBA