Rides: June 21-27, 2021

teamCOPC

Edited

Rides: June 21-27, 2021
CORRECTED DETAILS FOR WEDNESDAY ARE BELOW

Important
·        Please read and sign the online waiver here: https://forms.gle/gUmkFr87r785WSSu9
·        All riders should please review the teamCOPC Rider expectations and COVID guidelines at https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/weekly-rides.

Click here for a note regarding COVID-19 and our requests of those joining our rides.
https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/covid-19

Weather-related ride updates (if there are any) will appear on this group 1 hour before the scheduled rides.

July 4 Week (Planning Ahead)
Saturday, July 3 - TBA
Sunday, July 4 - Regular teamCOPC Group Ride
Monday, July 5 - Pelotonia New Hills Ride - We'll ride a tough route including the hills from the new Hillier Day 1 century route. Details at: https://fb.me/e/JIETfKOX
Tuesday, July 6 - Evening Crossover Group Ride with Girls with Gears - 6:30 from the Heit Center

Food Truck Tuesday - This week: Pitabilities
NOT an official teamCOPC Ride - There may be no ride leader
Order ahead for your 7:15 finish. https://streetfoodfinder.com/Pitabilities
Ride begins and ends at the food truck.
6100 Grand Strand, Westerville
6 pm rolling 16+ mph 20 miles
Route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35750617

Wednesday Learners and Leaders Group Ride
We'll split into two groups - casual and very casual.
Seasoned cyclists are also welcome, with the mindset that we will not “push the pace” on Wednesdays. We start with a talk about road cycling safety, group riding protocols, communication and other important cycling topics. Then, we’ll take to the road. The rides are fairly short early in the season and get longer as the daylight extends. This group starts with easy and flat routes, and we’ll progress into some hill training by the end of June. Riders should be able to maintain an average ride pace of at least 12 mph.

This week:
Casual group - Red Bank Hill
Very casual group - 11, 15 or more flat miles
Routes: https://ridewithgps.com/events/53386-group-0-rb-beginners#routes/21821682
Ready to roll at 6:00 pm
New Albany Heit Center - Rose Run Park Patio
Pace (average): 12-13 mph together, higher if ALL riders are comfortable

Thursday Night Hills
NOT an official teamCOPC Ride - There may be no ride leader
While there may be a group, it's best to bring a friend to ride with.
This ride starts at 6 pm from Jersey Baptist Church in the north parking lot, and covers some fun but challenging terrain.
These are the usual routes, and the group chooses at the start time.
https://ridewithgps.com/events/3253-thursday-night-hills#routes/2479962

Sunday Multi-Group Ride
A few routes are offered with a common start. Groups separate based on planned pace and ride together on the route of the group’s choosing. Routes are posted weekly.

This week:
Rolling at 8:00 am (please be 15 minutes early)
New Albany Heit Center - Rose Run Park Patio
Pace Groups (average): 15+ mph, 16+ mph, 17+ mph
Routes: Group 39A 65, 39B 45, 39C 37
Flat routes again this week
https://ridewithgps.com/events/154449-group-39

teamCOPC welcomes all Pelotonia participants
As always, teamCOPC welcomes all who want to participate in Pelotonia to be a part of our team. If you would like to join us as a Rider, Challenger or Volunteer, just email teamCOPC@... and we’ll get you on the team.

Upcoming Events
While observing community health restrictions, we hope to host or facilitate (and need volunteers for):
Velvet Pothole Patrol Ride - Saturday, July 10 (tentative)
Crossover Ride with Girls with Gears - Tuesday evening, July 6 - 6:30 from the Heit Center
Velvet Ice Cream Ride July 18 Register to volunteer or ride at https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/velvet
Pelotonia Weekend August 7-8 https://pelotonia.org/
Ride of the original (more or less) Pelotonia Route to Athens – Date TBA
Ride Around Columbus Date TBA
Gambier/Boondocks Ride Date TBA