Rides: June 28-July 5, 2021

teamCOPC

Edited

Rides: June 28-July 5, 2021

Important
·        Please read and sign the online waiver here: https://forms.gle/gUmkFr87r785WSSu9
·        All riders should please review the teamCOPC Rider expectations and COVID guidelines at https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/weekly-rides.

Click here for a note regarding COVID-19 and our requests of those joining our rides.
https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/covid-19

Weather-related ride updates (if there are any) will appear on this group 1 hour before the scheduled rides.

The next week (Planning Ahead):
Tuesday, July 6 - Evening Crossover Group Ride with Girls with Gears - 6:30 from the Heit Center
Saturday, July 10 - Velvet Pothole Patrol Ride - Tentative - Details to follow

Food Truck Tuesday - This week: Redwood Wagon
NOT an official teamCOPC Ride - There may be no ride leader
Order ahead for your 7:15 finish. https://streetfoodfinder.com/RedwoodWagon
Ride begins and ends at the food truck.
6100 Grand Strand, Westerville
6 pm rolling 16+ mph 20 miles
Route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/35750617

Wednesday Learners and Leaders Group Ride
We'll split into two groups - York and Watkins
Beginning this week, we venture out to some more challenging climbs. Seasoned cyclists are also welcome, with the mindset that we will not “push the pace” on Wednesdays. We start with a talk about road cycling safety, group riding protocols, communication and other important cycling topics. Then, we’ll take to the road. Riders should be able to maintain an average ride pace of at least 13 mph.

This week: NEW START LOCATION
Beech Road Park and Ride (map)
York Road Group:
Watkins Road Group:
Ready to roll at 6:00 pm
Beech Road Park and Ride - https://goo.gl/maps/yJbFUKcTegSQy22C7
Pace (average): 13-14 mph together, higher if ALL riders are comfortable
Routes: https://ridewithgps.com/events/53388-group-0-y

Thursday Night Hills
NOT an official teamCOPC Ride - There may be no ride leader
While there may be a group, it's best to bring a friend to ride with.
This ride starts at 6 pm from Jersey Baptist Church in the north parking lot, and covers some fun but challenging terrain.
These are the usual routes, and the group chooses at the start time.
https://ridewithgps.com/events/3253-thursday-night-hills#routes/2479962

Sunday Multi-Group Ride
A few routes are offered with a common start. Groups separate based on planned pace and ride together on the route of the group’s choosing. Routes are posted weekly.
This week: NEW START TIME FOR JULY
Rolling at 7:30 am (please be 15 minutes early)
New Albany Heit Center - Rose Run Park Patio
Pace Groups (average): 15+ mph, 16+ mph, 17+ mph
Routes: Group 35
Mile Options: 31, 40, 51, 59 - Longer routes are hillier
https://ridewithgps.com/events/133189-group-35#routes/33444480

Monday, July 5 Pelotonia Hill Ride
We'll check out the new parts of the hillier option for Pelotonia, Day 1. This ride will not be for the faint of heart (or legs).
All details and communications will be through Facebook: https://fb.me/e/JIETfKOX
No frills/No support. Bring a friend or a group and stay with each other.
Rolling at 7:30 am (please be 15 minutes early)
Start Location: Somewhere in Utica
teamCOPC welcomes all Pelotonia participants
As always, teamCOPC welcomes all who want to participate in Pelotonia to be a part of our team. If you would like to join us as a Rider, Challenger or Volunteer, just email teamCOPC@... and we’ll get you on the team.

Upcoming Events
While observing community health restrictions, we hope to host or facilitate (and need volunteers for):
Crossover Ride with Girls with Gears - Tuesday evening, July 6 - 6:30 from the Heit Center
Velvet Pothole Patrol Ride - Saturday, July 10 (tentative)
Velvet Ice Cream Ride July 18 Register to volunteer or ride at https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/velvet
Pelotonia Weekend August 7-8 https://pelotonia.org/
Ride of the original (more or less) Pelotonia Route to Athens – Date TBA
Ride Around Columbus Date TBA
Gambier/Boondocks Ride Date TBA