·        All riders should please review the teamCOPC Rider expectations and COVID guidelines at https://teamcopc.wixsite.com/teamcopc2021/weekly-rides.

Wednesday Beginner Group Ride – We need leaders too!
They're not just for beginners, but anyone who wants a slow, casual ride. Seasoned cyclists are also welcome, with the mindset that we will not “push the pace” on Wednesdays. We start with a talk about road cycling safety, group riding protocols, communication and other important cycling topics. Then, we’ll take to the road. The rides are fairly short early in the season and get longer as the daylight extends. This group starts with easy and flat routes, and we’ll progress into some hill training by the end of June. Riders should be able to maintain an average ride pace of at least 12 mph.

Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Ready to roll at 6:00 pm
New Albany Heit Center - Rose Run Park Patio
Pace (average): 12-13 mph together, higher if ALL riders are comfortable
Distances: 10, 14 or 21 miles
Routes:
https://ridewithgps.com/events/3216-group-0-e-beginners#routes/4708501/

Sunday Multi-Group Ride
A few routes are offered with a common start. Groups separate based on planned pace and ride together on the route of the group’s choosing. Routes are posted weekly.

Sunday, April 18, 2021
Rolling at 10:00 am (please be 15 minutes early)
New Albany Heit Center - Rose Run Park Patio
Pace Groups (average): 13-14 mph, 15-16 mph
Distances: 18, 23, 34 miles
Routes: C, D, E
https://ridewithgps.com/events/18663-group-02-ne-18-54-harlem-johnstown-welsh#routes/2448276/

Click here for a note regarding COVID-19 and our requests of those joining our rides.

Upcoming Events
While observing community health restrictions, we hope to host or facilitate (and need volunteers for):

Ride from Columbus to Cincinnati – Date TBA - https://co-cin.webs.com/
Ride Around Columbus Date TBA
Velvet Ice Cream Ride July 18
Pelotonia Weekend August 7-8
Ride of the original (more or less) Pelotonia Route to Athens – Date TBA

teamCOPC welcomes all Pelotonia participants

As always, teamCOPC welcomes all who want to participate in Pelotonia to be a part of our team. If you would like to join us as a Rider, Challenger or Volunteer, just email teamCOPC@... and we’ll get you on the team.

Mike